Have you ever downloaded a mod that had custom sound effects or music? If you have, chances are good that you’ve had to install AudioMod to get it running properly.
AudioMod modifies the Minecraft clients’ original sound code and allows custom sounds and music to be added to the game. This mod is very reliable, especially since it was programmed by the same person that did Minecraft’s audio code!
A lot of mods use AudioMod, one such being Mo’ Creatures. All those little tiny critters have their own sounds and voices and such, and AudioMod is the mod that lets it happen.
The creator is very good at keeping updated with all current Minecraft versions, which is good, because if you want to keep using your custom mod for Minecraft 1.2.6 (whenever that will be released), you’ll have to install AudioMod first.
1) Download ModLoader and AudioMod
2) Open the Start menu and click “Run”
3) Type “%appdata%” (without quotes)
4) Find a folder named “/.minecraft/”
5) Open the Minecraft.jar file with WinZIP or WinRAR
6) Drag the ModLoader files into the .jar
7) Delete META-INF
8 ) Drag AudioMod files into the .jar
9) Launch Minecraft