GeruDoku is a fan update of the hit favorite GeruDoku texture pack, not an “official” release by the actual creator. This doesn’t mean a lack of quality, though—far from it. This is a really nice theme mod that meshes nicely with vanilla Minecraft and gives it an 8-bit RPG feel.
The creator did a good job designing a lot of the elements. The chests, textures, and mobs have been done in loving detail. The wooden doors look like they belong on a medieval inn, and the metal doors would be perfect in a dungeon. This texture pack has some really nice UI art going for it, especially for the furnace. I just wish there was more of it.
I’m not sure if this has anything to do with being a fan update, but there are quite a few reused textures from the previous “official” version (I’ve seen some other great fan updates, and this isn’t always the case). That maybe a positive for you or a negative—it depends on how much you like the old version. But if you want to get a nice looking texture pack that drops you into a world reminiscent of Zelda, the GeruDoku RPG is the one for you.
1. Download and InstallMCPatcher HD
2. Download GeruDoku RPG Texture Pack
3. Open the Start menu and click “Run”
4. Type “%appdata%” (without quotes)
5. Find a folder named “/.minecraft/”. Go inside and find a /texturepacks/ folder
6. Copy and paste texture pack .zip file into texturepacks folder
7. Launch Minecraft
8. Change your Texture Pack